Home > News content

Global smart speaker share: Baidu Super Google ranks second, Amazon still ranks first

via:博客园     time:2019/8/26 17:23:50     readed:72

orgsrc=//img2018.cnblogs.com/news/34358/201908/34358-20190826153807001-1173606695.jpg

Tencent Technologies News, relying on voice assistant smart speakers, is an emerging market in the Internet industry in recent years, and Google and Amazon have become industry duopoly. But according to the latest news from foreign media, a new report from Canalys, a technology market research company, shows that Baidu, the Chinese search service provider, has now replaced Google as the world's second largest supplier of smart speakers.

According to foreign media reports, the company's second quarter global smart speaker market report shows that Baidu shipped 4.5 million smart speakers in the second quarter, surpassing Google, accounting for 17.3% of the global market share, an increase of 3700% year-on-year.

Amazon remains the leader in the smart speaker market, with more than 25% market share and 6.6 million units shipped.

According to the report, Google sold 4.3 million smart speakers in the second quarter, gaining a 16.7% global share, slightly behind Baidu.

Among the top five manufacturers, Alibaba in China ranked fourth, gaining 15.8% market share, delivering 4.1 million units, and Millet Company delivered 2.8 million units, with a market share of 10.8%.

Apart from these five companies, the total market share of other manufacturers is only 14.1%, including Apple products.

orgsrc=//img2018.cnblogs.com/news/34358/201908/34358-20190826153806898-1062918201.jpg

According to foreign media reports, Baidu's smart speaker runs on an artificial intelligence platform called DuerOS. The company's initial target was the high-end smart speaker market, which launched Raven H, but apparently the product did not sell well. Recently, Baidu launched a much cheaper model, with the basic smart speaker selling for as little as 89 yuan (about $12).

According to Canalys, Baidu surpassed Alibaba, the leading domestic company, in the first quarter of this year.

It is worth noting that Baidu and Google are not direct competitors

According to foreign media reports, Amazon and Google still have comparative influence in the smart speaker market outside China. Alexa and Google assistants of the two companies also have higher visibility and product performance.

American Market

According to the company's report, the smart speaker Market in the United States slightly weakened in the second quarter, with sales falling by 2.4% and total shipments of 6.1 million units.

Amazon and Google are focusing on expanding businesses outside the United States, according to Jason Low, a senior analyst at Canalys. It turns out that Google's smart speakers are turning.

Data show that in the second quarter of this year, Amazon sold half of its smart speakers in the United States and overseas markets. Of all the smart speakers sold by Google, the U.S. market accounts for 45% and the rest for 55%.

Apple did not rank in the top five

Although Apple Siri has a high reputation in the field of voice assistants, according to the above report, Apple's smart speakers are not among the top five in the market. Previously, there have been reports that in the smart speaker Market in the United States, Apple has only gained a single-digit market share, only a fraction of Amazon's and Google's.

In the field of smart speakers, Apple entered relatively late. Simulating Amazon, the company launched a product called HomePod, which costs more than $300. Excessive prices affect the competitiveness of the product. Meanwhile, Siri lags behind Google assistants and Alexa in terms of IQ, which has become a weakness in the competition for smart speakers.

At present, both Google and Amazon have launched a wide range of price and size smart speakers, the cheapest is only a few dozen dollars. It has been reported that Apple is developing smart speakers that are cheaper and smaller, and when they will go on sale is unknown.

In addition, a recent survey by an American venture capital firm found that the IQ levels of Google, Amazon and Apple voice assistants (understanding of consumer questions and answering accuracy) have increased, but Google assistants rank first in IQ and can answer 90% of users'questions, Amazon Alexa and Apple Siri. There is a certain gap, and about 80% of the answers can be correctly answered. (Tencent Technology Revision/Chengxi)

China IT News APP

Download China IT News APP

Please rate this news

The average score will be displayed after you score.

Post comment

Do not see clearly? Click for a new code.

User comments