Home > News content

There is also evidence that the iPhone 5G baseband is supplied by the MediaTek section.

via:威锋网     time:2018/7/3 12:04:16     readed:345

From the Taiwan supply chain news, MediaTek is likely to become a supplier of future iPhone modems. This also confirms the Bloomberg report on the matter at the end of June.

Although this possibility has not yet been finalized, after all, apple and the MediaTek really sign the order, the news can only be predicted. But there have been many reports that Apple has fully considered and verified the ability of the United States to produce iPhone 5G modems, but their assessment of the United States needs to continue for some time until they can reach an agreement on a variety of aspects such as product roadmaps, technical development and collaboration.

At present, the iPhone baseband of Apple relies mainly on high pass and Intel, while high Qualcomm supply is being cut. According to a April report, the proportion of the high pass base iPhone will be reduced to 30%, while Intel is responsible for the remaining 70%.

Some analysts believe that MediaTek may actually replace Intel's supply position. At the recent Taipei computer exhibition in June, the Department published a new Helio M70 5G modem, which is based on TSMC 7Nm technology and 3GPP standard, and can achieve the peak transmission rate of 5Gbps on the 5G network. The modem was released 6 months earlier than the original plan, and was snatched on the consumer market in 2019, which means the Department is trying to win Apple's orders.

Although Apple's 5G baseband orders have yet to be finalized, the MediaTek is expected to win the supply orders for Apple HomePod smart speakers. The supply chain also revealed that the MediaTek will provide customized WiFi chips and Bluetooth modules for HomePod.

China IT News APP

Download China IT News APP

Please rate this news

The average score will be displayed after you score.

Post comment

Do not see clearly? Click for a new code.

User comments